Thursday, January 12, 2017

Donnelly Statement on Meeting with Vice President-elect Pence

U.S. Senator Joe Donnelly met with Vice President-elect Mike Pence yesterday at the U.S. Capitol. Donnelly released the following statement after their discussion, which focused on job creation and concerns over Russia.

Donnelly said, “Vice President-elect Pence and I had a good conversation, and I look forward to working with him to make life better for Hoosiers. We discussed creating good-paying jobs for Hoosier workers, and I hope that Mr. Pence will work with me to stop the outsourcing of Hoosier and American jobs. I also made it clear that I am concerned about Russia’s unacceptable interference in our elections and the dangerous efforts of Vladimir Putin. We also discussed the Supreme Court, where I reiterated my desire for President-elect Trump to nominate a moderate, common sense person who could get broad, bipartisan support.”



Press Release, Senator Joe Donnelly